Do you have a dog at home that you consider part of your family? We have two dogs here that we love love love! Both of our canine kids are Staffordshire Terriers (also known as the “Nanny Dog”) and they love our children beyond we could have ever imagined. Because of our family connection to our pups, this Dogs are Family print from Charlie’s Mercantile really caught my attention and I knew we needed it in our home! Because I love it so much, I decided to offer one to one lucky ready as well!
Oh…and p.s. if you love dogs and you love personalized gifts, go follow Charlie’s Mercantile on Facebook!! You are going to love her creations!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
A little bit about the creator:
Amy Atkins from Charlie’s Mercantile “Charlie’s Mercantile wants to inspire you to add some color to your home decor. Each print is inspired by the love of colors and simple shapes and designed in Durham, North Carolina. Charlie’s Mercantile story is a positive one. In 2013, I moved across the country, lost my brother to cancer, and got a new puppy within a 2 week period. My new puppy, Fonda, really saved me in my new life. She reminded me to live outdoors and take time to play. Soon I became a dog sitter and I began to process my grief creativity and started enjoying the brighter side of life again. Dogs are truly a wonderful gift. My journey on Etsy started with a shop called ‘Siblings Matter’ in 2013 and has evolved into Charlie’s Mercantile. My other dog, Charlie, was Mrs. Charlie at the rescue. Charlie is also my brother’s middle name. Seems like you don’t have to look too far to find a Charlie somewhere:) Charlie’s Mercantile offers personalized gifts for your home, dog prints, and house warming gifts. We all deserve a personalized gift in our home. Let me know what I can create for you. “
So, almost a year after having a baby, I am finally ready to get my butt back in shape! My dreamy husband being the rockstar personal trainer and health coach that he is, is helping me and I am already making progress (7 pounds down!!).
I’ve decided to add in some dreaded burpees to my regular workout, but since I haven’t done them in forever I am taking it in slowly. Does anyone want to join me in my 30 Day Burpee Challenge? Check out the graphic above to easily follow along.
Let me know how it’s going!!
Do you want to spruce up your yard and/or patio for the nice weather this year? Are you wanting to try out some new DIY projects? Check out this cute and (mostly) easy DIY Backyard projects! I think I might try a couple of these out with my kids.
1. DIY Outdoor Cinder Block Bench
2. DIY Pallet Planter Box
3. Terracotta Pot Table
4. DIY Garden Markers
5. Patio Bench Refinishing Project
6. Fairy Garden
7. Easy, DIY Splash Pad
8. Backyard Obstacle Course
9. DIY Pool Noodle Games
10. DIY Rope Swing
11. DIY Container Garden
I saw a statistic today that really disturbed me…I am going to be going on a journey in my life to clear the clutter of not just toys, but every unnecessary thing that I have cluttering up my rooms, closets and cabinets.
Want to join me?
Let me just be clear and say that I am not writing a sponsored post, I am not being paid to say these things at all. I am just reviewing a product that I bought for my daughter that really opened up our conversation about her body and all that comes with it.
When I was young, my mother told me absolutely nothing about my period. Not One Thing. When I started my period I was terrified and kept it a secret for almost 4 months because I didn’t know what to say. Thanks to school, I knew what a period was, but I was too embarrassed to talk about it with my mom or anyone in my family. Since I became a mother, I knew that I was not going to allow that to happen to my daughter.
I never hid what my tampons or pads were and always answered honestly when she had questions about them as a little girl, but never went into great detail. For that I waited. I have been talking to my daughter about her period since she was probably 6 or 7. I figured that this was too early for her to start her period, but late enough for her to start understanding. We talked about what happens and why and we talked about what she could expect. Then, we she was 10 I ordered The Dot Girl Period Kit and we check it out together. It has a fantastic little book of questions and answers and it even comes with supplies. A reusable heat pack, some pads, some little trash bags as well as a period journal (so she can start keeping track of the dates of her cycle) and it even comes in a cute case! The case does not announce that it is for your period so my daughter was comfortable putting the pack in her backpack to hold her stuff in case she were to start her period at school.
She is now almost a teenager and she still uses her kit to keep her supplies with her and we still talk often about our bodies and what she can continue to expect.
Do any of my local readers happen to be country music fans? Check out this awesome Groupon deal that is available right now!
Brad Paisley with Dustin Lynch, Chase Bryant, and Lindsay Ell just $25!!
- $20 for one early-discount G-Pass for general-admission lawn (up to $41.35 value) [Limited tickets available at this special price]
My husband and I have been married for almost 19 years. We had our first child 5 years into the marriage with the second child coming 3 years later. I won’t go into too much detail, but neither were very easy deliveries and it kind of slowed our decision to have baby number 3. We never took the discussion off the table though and about 2 years ago we started talking very seriously about it. I mean, I was in my mid 30s, I wasn’t getting any younger and if we were going to have a baby, it was now or never. So…after the world’s longest “should we have another baby” discussion, we got pregnant! I was 36 years old and so excited! I was a very active 36 year old and I felt young so no worries, right?
Well, the pregnancy itself was relatively smooth other than I puked for 5 months straight and I couldn’t stay awake at all, but baby and I were healthy! There was one pretty strong negative though and that was some of the things that I heard over and over.
I feel obligated to share with you what that was in case you are trying to decide if you want to get pregnant in your later 30s:
- You are an “older mom.” Really? Why can’t we just be Moms?
- You are of “Advanced Maternal Age.” For real. I heard this at every single doctor’s appointment.
- “What were you thinking?” You wouldn’t believe how many people have asked us this.
- “You are older now, you know what causes this” Yep, I literally had several people say this to me during my pregnancy.
- “Aren’t you afraid someone will think you are the grandma?” hahahaha well, now I am.
- Because of your “special pregnancy circumstances” you have to have lots of extra tests.
- “It’s so risky though.” Even though this myth has been debunked, we heard it over and over again.
- “Did you wait this long because you now have built in babysitters?” WTF?! Seriously?
- “Was it hard for you to conceive at this age?” Well, that’s not really your business, but nope. I was pregnant within a month of starting to try.
- “Are you going to have the energy to chase after the baby?” Okay, honestly I am still pretty tired, but I do just fine, thanks for checking. 🙂
Are you an over 35 mom? What kind of things have you dealt with?
I don’t know about you, but Winter can not end soon enough for me! I am so beyond ready for the sunshine and flowers of Spring and the warm nights of Summer. We have big housework plans for this Spring and I fully intend to have some awesome Summer BBQs here at our humble abode. Because we had project after project to complete and not enough time to do it, the last several years have not been filled with all of the friends and family gatherings that I prefer, but with a new job (yay hubby!) we now have more time and more money to accomplish those projects and throw some parties!
Do you like to throw parties and backyard bbqs? Do you want to step up your party planning game? If you are looking for some ideas on how to throw an awesome Summer BBQ, then you have come to the right place my friends!
Here are 8 tips to throw an awesome Summer BBQ:
- Stick with the Staples. You want to throw a great BBQ, yes, but you want to enjoy it too right? Then stick with the staples. Burgers, dogs, potato salad, etc. That’s what people go to BBQs for anyway! Don’t get too stressed out about making a special menu.
- Make it a Pot Luck. Invite your guests and let them know they are more than welcome to bring a side dish! The more the merrier and the less work for you. Most people like to contribute too. 🙂
- Make Sure to Have Refreshing Drinks to Cool everyone down! Cold, refreshing beverages can make or break your party! Especially during the heat of Summer, you need cool drinks on hand. Try out our favorite Refreshing Blackberry Iced tea, it always gets compliments!
- Yard Games to the Rescue. Break out the yard games to keep everyone having fun. We like to do frisbee golf and horseshoes, but you can always go with badminton or volleyball, depending on how much room you have.
- Get Your Playlist Ready. Don’t you just love technology? Instead of someone having to man the CD player, you can now create an awesome playlist (I do ours on Amazon Prime) and have the perfect playlist. Hook up your phone or MP3 Player to a great bluetooth speaker and that’s it. We use the UE Boom and we love it. It’s waterproof, great for outdoors and it sounds fabulous! I do recommend getting a darker color though, our white/blue one is pretty stained up from being outside so much.
- Simple Decor. I don’t go crazy decorating, but I do love some strategic yard sting lights and Citronella torches.
- Don’t forget Dessert. You can’t forget dessert! Maybe go with a great fruit salad or, if you are anything like me…keep the grill out and start grilling those fruits! I love grilled peaches served with vanilla ice cream. Yum!
We are going to have so much fun this Summer!