I don’t know about you, but Winter can not end soon enough for me! I am so beyond ready for the sunshine and flowers of Spring and the warm nights of Summer. We have big housework plans for this Spring and I fully intend to have some awesome Summer BBQs here at our humble abode. Because we had project after project to complete and not enough time to do it, the last several years have not been filled with all of the friends and family gatherings that I prefer, but with a new job (yay hubby!) we now have more time and more money to accomplish those projects and throw some parties!
Do you like to throw parties and backyard bbqs? Do you want to step up your party planning game? If you are looking for some ideas on how to throw an awesome Summer BBQ, then you have come to the right place my friends!
Here are 8 tips to throw an awesome Summer BBQ:
- Stick with the Staples. You want to throw a great BBQ, yes, but you want to enjoy it too right? Then stick with the staples. Burgers, dogs, potato salad, etc. That’s what people go to BBQs for anyway! Don’t get too stressed out about making a special menu.
- Make it a Pot Luck. Invite your guests and let them know they are more than welcome to bring a side dish! The more the merrier and the less work for you. Most people like to contribute too. 🙂
- Make Sure to Have Refreshing Drinks to Cool everyone down! Cold, refreshing beverages can make or break your party! Especially during the heat of Summer, you need cool drinks on hand. Try out our favorite Refreshing Blackberry Iced tea, it always gets compliments!
- Yard Games to the Rescue. Break out the yard games to keep everyone having fun. We like to do frisbee golf and horseshoes, but you can always go with badminton or volleyball, depending on how much room you have.
- Get Your Playlist Ready. Don’t you just love technology? Instead of someone having to man the CD player, you can now create an awesome playlist (I do ours on Amazon Prime) and have the perfect playlist. Hook up your phone or MP3 Player to a great bluetooth speaker and that’s it. We use the UE Boom and we love it. It’s waterproof, great for outdoors and it sounds fabulous! I do recommend getting a darker color though, our white/blue one is pretty stained up from being outside so much.
- Simple Decor. I don’t go crazy decorating, but I do love some strategic yard sting lights and Citronella torches.
- Don’t forget Dessert. You can’t forget dessert! Maybe go with a great fruit salad or, if you are anything like me…keep the grill out and start grilling those fruits! I love grilled peaches served with vanilla ice cream. Yum!
We are going to have so much fun this Summer!