Hungry? If you want to keep your kids eating healthy snacks this Summer, make sure you have plenty of snacks on hand. These chocolate energy bites are a favorite around our house!
Chocolate Energy Bites
- 1 Jar Peanut Butter (16 oz)
- 3 Cups Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder (we use Orgain Chocolate Protein)
- 1 cup of raw unfiltered honey (I bought local honey at a nearby Farmer’s Market)
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds (We use Food to Live)
Mix ingredients well, forming into balls once mixed.
It has been colder than ever this year and my kids have been all about hot cocoa to warm them up! I figured it would be nice to mix things up a little bit and see what kind of delicious drinks we could make them so they weren’t always drinking the same ‘ol thing and they LOVE this recipe that we came up with!
Hot Cocoa Surprise
Take 8 ounces milk heated and add the following:
- 2 Tablespoons hot cocoa mix (we aren’t picky..we used the cheap stuff)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Next, top with:
- Whipped Marshmallow cream
- Chocolate chips
- cocoa powder
Done, that’s all you have to do to have a delicious, gourmet hot chocolate!